- Jatts in Golmaal (2013)
- Lucky Di Unlucky Story (2013)
- Bikkar Bai Sentimental (2013)
- Daddy Cool Munde Fool (2013)
- Sadda Haq (2013)
- Pooja Kiven Aa (2013) - Review
- Singh vs. Kaur(2013)
- Pehchaan 3D (2013)
- Tu Mera 22 Main Tera 22 (2013) - Review
- Saadi Love Story (2013)
- Oye Hoye Pyar Ho Gaya (2013)
- Jatt and Juliet 2(2013)
- Fer Mamla Gadbad Gadbad(2013)
- Best of Luck (2013)
- Naughty Jatts (2013)
- Punjab Bolda (2013)
- Jatt Airways (2013)
- Haani (2013)
- Young Malang(Review)
- RSVP (2013)
- Heer and Hero (2013)
- Ishq Garaari (2013)
- 47 to 84
- Mundeyan Toh Bach Ke Rahin
- Happy Go Lucky
- Dil Vil Pyar Vyar
- Fight Back
- 1984 Punjab
- Zorawar - Nirbhau I Nirvair
- Disco Singh - Diljit Dosanjh
- Yaaran Da Katchup
- Daddy Cool Munde Fool sequel
- Kirpaan-the sword of honour
- Amit Prasher talks about his new film
- Double Di Trouble
- Dil Sadda Lutteya Gaya
- MTV's Raghu enters Ballewood now
- Rambo Ranjha
- Control Bhaji Control
- Mr. and Mrs. 420
- Bikkar Bai Senti-Mental
- Himmat Singh
- Dil Lai Gayi Kudi Punjab Di
- Yaar Mera Rab Warga
- Carry on Jatta 2
- Jatt James Bond
- Punjabi No. 1
- Singh vs. Kaur- Preview
- Don't worry yaara First look!
- Pehchaan 3D First 3D Punjabi movie
- Sadda Haq
- Daddy Cool Munde Fool
- Rangeelay Jimmy Shergill
- Lucky Di Unlucky Story
- Mere Yaar Kaminey
- Jatt Airways
- Oye Hoye Pyar Ho Gaya
- Chaar Sahibzaade
- Aashiqui Not Allowed
- Mukhtiar Chadha
- Heer & Hero Minissha Lamba/Kartar Cheema
- Viyah 70 km
- Ishq Garaari Dheeraj Rattan's next
- Jatts in Golmaal
- Naughty Jatts
- Jatt And Juliet 2 -Preview
- Moga to Melbourne via Chandigarh
- Punjab Bolda
- Young Malang
- Best of Luck
- Patiala Dreamz
- Goreyan Nu Dafa Karo
- Suhe Phull
- Aa Gaye Munde UK De
- Mitti Na Farol Jogiya
- Punjabi movie - Oh My Pyo
- Police in Pollywood
- Paisa, Pyar N Panga
- Do Cheezan Jatt Mangda
- Leather Life
- Mauj Mastiyan
- Ji Karda
- Jugaadi Dot com
- Halla Ho
- Tiff between Sharry Mann and Speed Records
- Diljit in Australia
- Gippy shoots with Akshay
- Jatts in Golmaal - Box office report
- Yo Yo Honey Singh bollywood debut
- Highest paid actor
- Pehchaan 3D nominated for Leo Awards
- Gippy shoots in Las Vegas
- Chandrachur Singh set to debut in Ballewood
- Gippy holidays
- From Delhi heights to Punjabi heights
- Neeru riding scooter?
- Lucky Di Unlucky Story boxes the office
- Lucky Di Unlucky Story Premiere
- Box Office Report- Lucky Di Unlucky Story
- Gippy in Nimbooz Masala
- Karan Kundra making entry in Bollywood
- Minissha's Punjabi
- Stars pray for Boston
- Gippy shares good luck formula
- Pee Pee Whisky
- Pictures of Rangeelay team in Canada
- Baisakhi celebration in Canada
- Diljit 'fan of green tea'?
- Gippy spends 5 lakh in 40 minutes
- Rangeelay's 'headache' song!
- Rangeelay- story of 3 recovery agents
- A 'spirit-based' Punjabi film
- Music Launch Lucky Di Unlucky Story
- Japji Khaira bags lead role in Fer Maamla gadbad gadbad
- Nabar wins National Award
- Sunny Deol to enter Ballewood?
- Gippy's new hairstyle
- Dara Singh will be back soon!
- Jaspal Bhatti Comedy Film Festival Jaspal Bhatti Comedy Film Festival | MAD Arts participate in comedy film festival | Announcement on Jaspal Bhatti's 58th birthday by Savita Bhatti
- Gurdas Maan performs in Bhatinda
- PTC Film awards pitfalls Views from TV audience
- Real heroes missing From PTC Film Awards 2013
- Gossip at PTC Awards
- Gippy's Goof up
- PTC awards - style check!
- Diljit steals the show...
- Singh vs Kaur emerges as third highest grosser in opening week
- Bhanushree Mehra makes her debut
- Khushboo Grewal Now a singer?
- PTC Punjabi film awards 2013
- Pooja for Rangeelay
- You N Me release date announced
- Singh vs. Kaur- Promo
- Tu Mera 22 Main tera 22 release postponed
- Gippy turbans up!
- Japji Khaira item song
- Diljit promoting Jatt and Juliet 2
- Premiere of Jatt and Juliet 2
- Jatt and Juliet 2 smashes box office
- Diljit losing weight?
- Diljit injured in Canada
- Box office report- Best of Luck
- Gurmeet Choudhary's Ballewood debut
- Ashok Mastie debuts in Ballewood
- Kartar's next
- Box office report: Naughty Jatts
- Soft-hearted Diljit
- Neetu Singh in Young Malang
- Vinaypal Buttar upset
- Zarine khan enters Ballewood
- Sonu Nigam sings for Punjabi film
- Salman Khan producing Jatt and Juliet
- Neeru brings back ethnic trend
- MYK defends itself
- Diljit and RDB shake hands
- Punjabi Virsa Day (Toronto)
- 1984 Punjab stars Sonam Bajwa
- Honey Singh is married
- Patiala Dreamz- a thriller
- Diljit nominated for BATV awards
- Generous Producer raises funds for NGO through his film
- Honey sings for Akshay Kumar
- Madalsa Sharma lands in Ballewood
- Sameksha replaces Japji
- Madalsa Sharma bags a role in Bollywood
- Ishq Garaari-Music Launch
- Ishq Garari - Plot
- Diljit Dosanjh in Amritsar
- Diljit at Britasia awards 2013
- First digital poster launched by Patiala Dreamz in Ballewood
- Mandy Takhar weight
- Neeru and Gurdas Maan together
- Diljit and Gippy hug each other
- Ranvijay on scooter
- Gippy speaks his heart out for Punjabi cinema
- Ishq Garaari final message
- Kulraj Randhawa makes a come back!
- Preet Harpal - the gambler released by Sunny Deol
- Gippy in Problem?
- Bhaji in Problem special screening for cricketers
- Madalsa's beauty tips
- Disco Singh-On Set photo
- On the sets: Jatt James Bond
- Honey Singh on Agenda Aajtak 2013
- Gippy's Bollywood debut - Second Hand Husband
- Aamir in a Punjabi film?
- 2 crores for Blue Eyes
- Dhoom 2 action director in Ballewood
- Honey on Sunny
- Jasraj joins AAP
- Searching for Miss Pooja
- Preeti Sapru coming back..
- Fight Back - Payback to my theatre (Harish Verma)
- Kulraj's 'Lohri Di Raat'
- Jimmy as security agent
- no ban on Punjab 1984
- Mika supports Yo Yo
- Binnu Dhillon romances
- Yo Yo between Shahrukh and Salman
- Diljit at LPU 2014
- PTC Punjabi Film Awards 2014
- Diljit Dosanjh at Comedy Nights with Kapil Sharma
- Story behind "Rayban" by Diljit
- Binnu replaces Kapil
- Kapil Sharma debuts with Yash Raj Films
- Lucky guy who got Diljit's watch
- All the Gossip from PTC Film Awards 2014
- Nooran - first Punjabi film to enter Oscars
- Honey Singh and Jazzy B in same Kabaddi team
- Binnu weds in Malaysia
- Jazzy B met with death
- PTC Music awards 2014- A rare moment
- Romeo Ranjha - Trailer Review
- Honey Singh's wife hates his songs?
- Savita Bhatti supports NOTA
- Jimmy plays Haryanvi Jaat
- Box office: Disco Singh
- Poster controversy rakes up in Ballewood
- Mukhtiar Chadha's shooting resumes
- Why Jazzy B pushed Garry from the building?
- 'Jimmy Choo Choo'- Diljit Dosanjh New Song
- Khushboo Grewal sings for Sunny Leone
- Kapil Sharma out of Bank Chor
- "Kaum De Heere" - not releasing
- In theatres
- Radio Diljit's latest
- Harbhajan Singh's 'Ek suneha'
- PTC Music Awards 2013
- Oops moments at PTC Music Awards 2013
- Raj Karega khalsa
- Kach Da Samaan
- Punjab Police
- Sargi lyrics - Tu Mera 22 Main tera 22
- Meri Buggi
- Shoulder Chak Chak
- Hello Hello - lyrics
- Party All Night - Honey Singh
- Lyrics of Aibo
- Lyrics of stardom
- Kuriye Chiriye Ishq Garaari
- Zindagi - Ishq Garaari
- Toffee Wargi Naar
- Love Ho Gaya
- Happy Birthday - Disco Singh
- Meri Maa Harbhajan Singh
- Proper Patola review
- Roti album launch photos Gurdas Maan
- Roti review by stars
- Hello Hello Review
- ONE- Badshah's next
- Stars' opinion- Ishq Garaari Music
- Blue Eyes Review
- Soorma Review Diljit Dosanjh
- Mera Deewanapan - Amrinder Gill
- Wajjde Wajje Harbhajan Mann
- Gypsy by Alfaaz
- Shut Up- Gippy Grewal
- PTC Music Awards 2014
- Babbu Maan nominated for World Music Awards
- Selfie - Diljit Dosanjh
- Music Profiles
- Eternal Jogi - Single by Gurdas Maan
- Interview with Steve Dhillon
- Binnu Dhillon Interview
- Bobby Sandhu Man of many hats
- Exclusive interview-Gippy Grewal
- Rajan Batra (Batra Showbizz) Interview
- Surveen Chawla
- JS Cheema - A producer
- Manny Parmar A new age Punjabi film-maker
- Mukesh Vohra Emerging comedian
- Diljott gets candid
- Aadeeb Shaikh -Thirsty Fish(designer)
- Gul Panag
- Kartar Cheema
- Diljit Dosanjh
- Anurag Singh Director
- Amit Prasher
- Binnu Dhillon (Video)
- Dheeraj Rattan
- Gurpreet Ghuggi
- Gunjan Walia
- Akshay Kumar's interview
- Director Gifty
- Director Abhishek Saxena
- Harish Verma
- Gunbir Sidhu (Producer)
- Kshhitij Chaudhary
- Diljit Dosanjh interview (2014)
- Star features
- Style Check
- Sons of Stars
- Secrets of Ballewood Actors
- Open letter to film-makers
- Ballewood’s Different Stroke!
- Unsung Heroes (series)- Atul Kapoor
- Miss Pooja 'Aiwein theek nahi aa'
- The Name-Game in Ballewood
- Is it a problem of plenty?
- Top 5 Comedians Year 2012
- Top 5 female leads in 2012
- Top 5 Male leads in Year 2012
- Hits and Misses of 2012 Year 2012 in review
- Punjabi films in 2013
- Funny poem about Punjabi films
- 5 reasons why you will love Jatt and Juliet 2
- Top 5 Punjabi movies
- Top 10 songs of Punjabi films 1st half of 2013
- Top 5 actors first semester 2013
- Top 5 comedians (first half 2013)
- 5 Reasons why you should watch Punjabi films
- 5 reasons why Ishq Garaari will be a MUST WATCH
- Other side of Gippy Grewal
- Style Check Ishq Garaari
- Bhaji in Problem Can it smash the box office?
- Bhaji in Problem contest
- Stay fit- Sarwar Ahuja
- New Year (2013) Special series
- Gippy Grewal video interview
- Punjabi Cinema 2013 - An Introspection
- Diljit is madly in love with....?
- Lohri special - songs with lyrics
- Most desirable men in Ballewood
- Then and Now.. What changed them?
- Actresses with families
- Ishq Brandy - Why most anticipated in 2014?
- Their Childhood..
- Sex change in Punjabi actors?
- Arvind Kejriwal's magic in Ballewood
- Selfie Obsessed?
- Disco Singh - Hit or Flop?
- Gurdas Maan and Neeru Bajwa - Odd couple?
- Why 'Punjab 1984' is going to be a must-watch?
- Top 10 songs of 2014 (First Half)
- Punjabi celebrities speak on Independence Day
- Dheeraj Rattan Video Interview
- Diljit's Khap in Amritsar
- Diljit Dosanjh Video Interview
- Binnu Dhillon video interview
- Mandy Takhar Video interview
- Gurpreet Ghuggi video interview
- Five reasons why Punjabi movies are better than Hindi movies
- Anurag Singh Interview
- Gossip_16th August 2013
- Gurdas Mann on Ballewood
- Rakhi Sawant's Pappi (Pooja kiven aa)
- Sadi Love Story trailer 2
- Sadi Love Story Trailer 1
- Singh vs. Kaur Promo 1
- Sharry Maan caught on Ballewood live
- Diwali Mela
- Dialogue promos Bhaji in Problem
- Akshay Kumar at a press conference (Chandigarh)
- On the sets: Rambo Ranjha
The Best bookmaker
- Created on Wednesday, 27 March 2013 13:02
- Written by Monita Sharma
Incredibly good-looking, amazingly talented, he’s an actor who’s down to earth, polite and extremely humble in his real life. Totally unaffected by the side effects of fame and success, this man hasn’t allowed his ‘superstar’ status change him as a person. We’re talking about the superstar singer-turned-actor of our Ballewood- Gippy Grewal- who after having entertained the audience with songs like, Phulkari, Angrezi Beat and much more for years, has also charted his career well as an actor giving superhits like, 'Jihne Mera Dil Luteya', 'Carry on Jatta', and 'Singh vs Kaur'. In just a span of two years, our talented Gippy has tried many different roles, from that cute ‘Yuvraj’ in 'Jihne Mera Dil Luteya' to the passionate lover ‘Mirza’ in 'Mirza- the Untold Story' to an innocent ‘Jass’ in 'Carry on Jatta' and finally, the fierce ‘Nihal Singh’- in 'Singh vs Kaur'. Ballewood’s Monita Sharma chats up with the ‘Carry on Jatta’ star Gippy Grewal during the dubbing session of 'Lucky Di Unlucky Story'- his upcoming flick. Here’s what Gippy shares EXCLUSIVELY with us:
Monita Sharma: Let’s talk about your latest release - Singh vs. Kaur - which has been a stupendous success allover Punjab as well as overseas… How did this film fall into your lap?
Gippy Grewal: I was pretty impressed with the basic story idea when director Navaniat Singh, narrated me the plot in just one line. Later, when I read the script in more detail, I was convinced that I had to do this film. Moreover, I really liked the way my character was written, as I relate very closely with ‘Nihal Singh’ in real life. Like him, I am quite friendly, jolly and happy-go-lucky kind of a person.
Monita Sharma: So, what all special efforts did you put in to justify your role as Nihal Singh – the action hero?
Gippy Grewal: As far as special efforts are concerned, to be very honest, I put in more hard-work and efforts during the making of ‘Mirza-The Untold Story’. That was one movie, for which I went to Canada six months prior to the shooting schedule just to learn action, build physical stamina, under-go strength training and so on. Unfortunately, that movie didn’t work well but I am happy that the efforts that were put in there, didn’t go waste and finally, under the guidance of Ram Laxman, our action choreographer in Singh vs. Kaur, I was able to pull the role of Nihal Singh quite easily.
Monita Sharma : Tell us something about your upcoming film, Lucky Di Unlucky Story (releasing on 26th April). Considering that it has almost the same cast and crew as that of Carry on Jatta, including the director himself, is it going to be just like another Carry on Jatta or different and even better?
Gippy Grewal: No, Lucky Di Unlucky Story is a totally different film. There’s no way we can compare it with Carry on Jatta. Yes, it’s an out-an-out comedy, a complete laughter riot like Carry on Jatta but apart from that there’s no similarity. Yes, it has a similar cast and crew, but the concept of the movie is quite different, the story is different and treatment is very classy. This film is about Lucky, an honest and innocent guy who everybody thinks is a liar. He knows a lot about women but nothing about marriage. He has three married friends who help and guide him – all this leads to very complicated and extremely hilarious situations. You’d find that it’s a film that despite being a heavy comedy is a complete ‘family entertainer’.
Monita Sharma : Your first superhit as the main lead was Jihne Mera Dil Luteya in which you had Diljit Dosanjh- another talented Ballewood actor, as your co-star. How was the experience working in this movie that raised the bar of Punjabi cinema to a whole new level?
Gippy Grewal : It was one of the most wonderful experiences of my life to work in that movie. I don’t think such a film can ever be made again in Punjabi cinema. A comedy full-on, Jihne Mera Dil Luteya catapulted the careers of both me and Diljit to a different level altogether. Overnight, we became ‘star actors’. The best part was that both I and Diljit are very close to the director, Mandeep Kumar and while we were discussing the movie, I told Mandeep that let’s make it on the lines of our favorite-Andaz Apna Apna. That formula worked and it was an amazing experience working with such a brilliant team, including my co-star Diljit who I treat as my younger brother only.
Monita Sharma : So, when do we see both of you working again in the same movie?
Gippy Grewal : Well, practically speaking, it’s going to get very expensive for any producer to have both of us in the same movie, (he laughs) although I would love to work again with a brilliant actor like, Diljit for sure. We’re very close in real life too. He’s a great friend and we keep meeting each other in our family functions quite regularly.
Monita Sharma: Talking about the ongoing trend of comedy movies, what do you have to say about it? Are we Punjabis adept at making only comedies?
Gippy Grewal (smiles): No, that’s not true! We can make great movies in other genres as well but the thing is that almost every producer I meet these days wants to make another ‘Carry on Jatta’ only thinking that that their movie would repeat the same results like 'Carry on Jatta'. They also think that comedy is the only genre that will be accepted in Punjab. But we’ve seen a lot of Hindi action movies like, Ghajni also do very well in Punjab. So, I, personally, am a bit against this trend. That’s why I, in my home productions, try my best to bring in something fresh and never-seen-before. You can see that Singh vs. Kaur was an action flick on which we didn’t mind spending a few crores extra because we knew something had to be done by someone at certain point of time, to make people get used to seeing other genres too. That is the reason we walked an extra mile and brought in a team from South for action in this movie. And the result is before everyone's eyes now. I think the success of Singh vs. Kaur proves that if the film is well-made, all genres will be accepted by people.
Monita Sharma : What is your dream role?
Gippy Grewal : I would love to play a gray-shaded character like, Akshay Kumar in Special 26 or Shahrukh Khan in Baazigar.
Monita Sharma : If you were not a singer or an actor, what line of work you’d have been into?
Gippy Grewal : I’ve done so many things in my life that I could’ve fitted in just anything. I’ve lived abroad and there I’ve run taxis, worked as a chef, security guard, cleaner and many more things. I’ve been grateful to God always for giving me the ability to stay happy in whichever circumstances I am in, without complaining. I am glad that God provided me with singing talent and for making my career as a singer successful. But all I can say is that if one is always thankful to God, ready to work hard, never looks down upon any kind of work then God surely gives you a chance to rise up in life. I was happy then also and I am happy now as well!
Monita Sharma : How do you spend time with your family when you’re not working?
Gippy Grewal: It’s very rare that I am totally free. But whenever I am, I make sure that I spend quality time with my family – my wife, Ravneet and my two sons- Ekomkar and Gurfateh. Even when I am working in and around Chandigarh, my children come and visit me in studios.
Monita Sharma: Which is your favorite holiday destination?
Gippy Grewal: Last year, I went to Hawaii with my family and we had great fun over there. Since then, Hawaii has become my favorite holiday destination.
Monita Sharma : Who is your favorite singer?
Gippy Grewal : I’ve been a huge fan of Kuldip Manak, and Chamkila. In fact, I am greatly inspired by Chamkila. You know I sometimes, “copy” him too! (he giggles)
Monita Sharma : And your favorite actor?
Gippy Grewal : Ah, that’s a difficult one. There are so many who I get inspired from. There’s something to learn from everyone. I can’t place my finger on any one in particular.
(With inputs by Prakriti Malhotra)
Review : Double Di Trouble
Based on Shakespeare's famous play, "Comedy of Errors", Mukta Arts' DOUBLE DI… Read More +
Review: Aa Gaye Munde UK De
After a wait of about two years, Manmohan Singh aka Man ji… Read More +
Yaaran Da Katchup - Movie Review
Cast : Jaswinder Bhalla, B. N. Sharma, Rana Ranbir, Vijay… Read More +
Review of Punjab 1984 : Blood, Sweat and Tears
Destined to be a classic, PUNJAB 1984 is truly a… Read More +
Romeo Ranjha review - Smashingly good!
Lavishly produced, Romeo Ranjha is a mix of high-octane action, style, exotic locations, lots… Read More +
Celebrities speak their heart on Independence Day
It's the 15th of August, our Independence Day and we at Ballewood.in, decided… Read More +
Top 10 Punjabi film songs of 2014 (first half)
The first half of 2014 is gone and though not many movies have gone… Read More +
They make celebs look chic 'online'!
With the Punjabi film industry on the upswing for the… Read More +
Up, Close and Personal with Diljit Dosanjh(Video)
Here's a video of the interaction that the team of Ballewood.in had with Diljit Dosanjh in… Read More +
Youth's expectations from Punjab 1984?
Undoubtedly, the most talked about thing in Punjab's entertainment industry today is the Whitehill Basic Brothers'… Read More +
The best bookmaker
Free Premuim Templates by